Is it really possible to defy aging? I tend to believe so.
Staying young and fit forever is achievable. It is actually more achievable than attempts at “losing weight fast”. If this, what I say is true, that staying young forever is possible, isn’t it worth a thought?
After all, what is life about? Living longer or living better? I think, both.
It is not difficult to live longer these days. We have medicines and pension funds to cover that. The problem is, how would life be like if we got to our 9th decade?
Imagine yourself at 90. What would that older you say to the you today? Would older you say, “yeah, go drink some more…” or “yeah, go buy the car you cannot afford.” Or “yeah, go waste your time on toxic relationships…” Or “yeah, keep stressing at your job.” Or would that older you say the opposite?
We often make the mistake of belittling our personal power. We can achieve a lot, if only we believe we can.
One of the things we can achieve is to stay young. There may be reasons why we may get sceptical of the idea that aging is optional:
- We see others get old, so we think aging is a certainty.
- We link chronological age with the whithering effects of aging.
- We have been fed so much nonsense about anti aging, that we are tired of the false promises of anti-aging products and services like cosmetic procedures.
- We know a little of what it takes to stay young, but not enough.
Aging is really optional. All you have to do is follow the 10 rules. While the idea of rules seems rigid, we should look at them as the possibility to actually do something to halt aging altogether.
10 Immutable Laws for Anti Aging
1. Understand that aging is optional. Our chronological age has little to do with our biological age. Getting old is not a path, it is a deterioration of health. When we stop stop the deterioration, we halt aging. Read also: Let Go of the Past – A Method to Stay Young
2. Be constantly aware that society causes us to age, and we can resist it. It is something we get taught from a young age — to get old. We learn it from the time we understand that our grandparents are old, and we get it in our face every time media (in all sources) depict cliché images of old people. These generalizations of old people cause us to believe that aging is inevitable and we’ll all go the path of deterioration. This is far from the truth. Read also: How to Stay Young in the Mind
3. We have to act NOW. Aging starts from the day you stop growing. Sometimes it starts earlier, depending on the lifestyle you inherited from your parents. If you work on getting healthy in mind and body now, you halt the process of aging almost immediately.
4. Use it or lose it. You’ve heard this one liner before. Believe it. If you keep moving, you will never lose your ability to move. Move every part of your body. Dance, sing, walk the stairs, lift things, sit on the floor, squat — do stuff. Sitting in front of the TV or at the PC stiffens our body to immobility. Get off the chair and move! Read also: The Power of Walking an Hour a Day : More than Weight Loss
5. Eat right. Everybody knows this. But — Do you know how important this is? This is the most important law of anti-aging. What is the right diet? Simply speaking: Eat anything but drastically reduce foods that contain refined carbs, sugar and alcohol from your diet. Also halt any intake of narcotics and cigarettes. There are articles in this blog to help you understand diet for anti aging. Read them here.
6. Do the right type of exercise. Exercise is a drug — too little, and it doesn’t work. Too much and it’ll weaken you. Many people do too little and this causes muscles to waste away, leading to immobility. Some people do too much, causing muscles to get burnt away, also leading to immobility. Do it right. How? learn how to exercise with the right mindset. Read also the articles in this category.
7. Have a right attitude towards your body — build it, and don’t burn it. Eat well, exercise to build your muscles and the rest of your body will rejuvenate. Think not of burning anything — not even calories. In our earnestness to burn calories, many of us diet wrong and exercise wrong. This causes aging.
8. De-stress. Stress causes the body to store fat, get lethargic, while burning away valuable tissues. This is why people under loads of stress age and get fat. You have one life to live. Do anything you can to de-stress. Let go of neediness, do stuff like meditation and get some time off.
9. Talk and think young. Keep abreast with development. Keep your mind open to new things. Stay in fashion. You’ll be surprised how important it is for anti aging.
10. I would like to say, read my book, [easyazon-link asin=”1481915371″ locale=”us”]Forever Young Forever Fit[/easyazon-link]. It is available on Amazon for very little. It is all these points and more. On this last note, I urge you to consider, for your own good, the prospect of staying young. You have to decide for yourself, and beat your own drum.
For all the topics above, there are articles in this blog to inspire you to go forward.
You can be Forever Young
You do not have to spend a load of money or time or resources to keep your body relaxed, rejuvenated and healthy. My advice is free of excessive costs, or products you don’t need. What I have to offer is knowledge.
Someone once asked me for research material to prove every point and suggestion I have made in my writings. All I can say is this: Do we want to become librarians and/or wait for data to practice common sense? Or do we want to get on and live well?
We make that choice, and often for ourselves. There is a lot in life that we cannot influence, but there’s much we can.